- Between October 2016 and May 2017, under the coordination of REDES A.C. and Palabra Radio, along with the collaboration of organizations linked to community and indigenous communication in Mexico, the first edition of the Diploma in Telecommunications and Community Broadcasting for Indigenous Technical Promoters was held.
- Thirty-six people from six states of the country participated.
- Specialists from different parts of Mexico and Argentina shared their knowledge.
- The modules were conducted in person once a month and were held in cities and communities in the states of Oaxaca, Puebla and Chiapas.
- A modular structure was chosen which consisted of a common core, three specialties and an integrative module
- Common core:
- Community communication and technologies
- Free Software and security.
- Wireless networks
- Community cellular telephony.
- Integrative module:
- Legal framework and sustainability.
- Two technological laboratories were created in which participants can access the necessary tools to carry out their technological projects. These laboratories are located in the following offices:
- Telecomunicaciones Indígenas Comunitarias A.C. in Oaxaca, Oax.
- Red de Comunicadores Boca de Polen A.C. in San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chis.